Friday 1 May 2015

Bit of a blow..then a bit on the up!


Hey everyone, 

I hope we are all well this evening? 

I don't know where to start if I'm honest, there's been some right things kicking off today and I just can't seem to get my head around it all! 

I'll go back a bit...Recently I have been applying for jobs, but with how everything has gone down the toilet recently with the the UK and the world to be fair, there are not many said jobs about. And when you do find one to apply for, then you do find one that you apply for, they then get back to you and say that you don't have the "right" skills for the job. But some companies don't really want you to go to college or go into education to get the said "skills" that they want you to have,so how can you win? Beats me! 

Anywho, I applied for this job and thought it would all run smoothly, it's part time so I can still do my college course until the end of May and then will hopefully be able to do my Level 2 course in September.

Well, how wrong was I?...

Firstly I was phoned about the job which I was delighted, but then when they started to be be a bit funny with me about being on my course on Tuesday's - Which I may point out is the only day I am there for! They basically didn't want me to do my course, said I could miss a couple of hours out of it and go straight there. I know it may not seem like much time to some, but that's a lot when you have stuff do do in Cake Decorating, it's really precious time! 

So no, I couldn't really take some time out of my course, not when I had paid £450 out of my own pocket and savings for it I couldn't. They said they would cross that bridge when they get to it, if they think I am going to stop my education in something that I really love doing and that I want to get a job out of, they have another thing coming. I've worked in a call centre before and I can tell you it's not a pretty sight. 


I worked at Virgin Media for a year, it was fine before new management took over, I was given way over the limit of jobs no one should of had, I got way too stressed, became ill, my hair started to fall out and I started to become depressed. I'm seriously not over exaggerating ask Mr. B! So since then I said that I wouldn't do a job like that again and now I have landed myself in it!




They've booked me to go onto a training week, but I have my driving theory test and there is no way that I am slowing down my chances of driving again, I've had my car for a year I want to be able to at least pass by the end of the year. But the way things are going at the moment there is always a  bloody set back so I don't know what I'm going to do! 

One day I hope that I will look back on all these posts, when I've managed to get my own cake shop and prove everyone wrong that "Yes, you have done it Emma, well done! Just look at how far you have come!" I know what I need to get here, I've researched it, it's not the time it's going to take that bothers me, it's the money I need and how I'm going to get it! 

And it really annoys me when people just tell you to "get a job" I am trying but it's harder than everyone thinks, cause most places don't want to take people on for a long time, they don't want to pay out loads on wages. They just want Bank people working or Zero hours, which is better for them so they don't have to pay out but it's rubbish for people who are trying to make their way in the world! 




And that is all I'm trying to do! Is that so hard to ask for in life, to be able to do what you want to do and to be happy? Because to me, that's what you have to be. I don't want to live the bloody dream, it's sounds damn boring! 

Find someone, settle down, get engaged, get married, have kids, have an everyday 9-5 job, detest your job, go on holiday and have fun, to come back to reality, grow old, get bored, get lonely and complain of what you didn't do in life and all the things you could of done and wished you could of done, but didn't because you just rolled with everyone else, you rolled with "the crowd" and look where it got you. Doing a job you hate, forking out money for things that you don't really need but is essential on a "modern" day life for things that you could be spending it on something that you really wanted to in life. 




So to put things into perspective, no. No I wont miss a couple of hours of college, cause it's "Just college" I won't have a job I detest for the rest of my life just to do what other people "want" me do do. Because it's my bloody life, there my bloody rules and I will get to where I want to be and what I want to be able to do. I wont live my life making other people happy for the sake of me being miserable and and ill. 

There is no point, you only have one life, so bloody live it and live it good!



No comments:

Post a Comment